Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm totally lost!?

I haven't been on a plane since before 9/11 when I was 15, so I'm so sorry for my ignorance.



Next month, I'm going to Canada and would like to know if and what types of jewelry and hair accessories are allowed on the plane? And, what should I put them in?



The reason I ask is because a friend of mine had some jewelry taken away from her not too long ago before boarding her flight, though I didn't ask why.



Thanks.



I'm totally lost!?

Whenever in doubt about what you can or cannot take onboard a plane just pack it in your baggage that will be checked. Jewelery and hair accessories should not be a problem, however if there is a lot of metal in anything it will set off the alarm. Sometimes even belt buckles will do that. If that happens they will just pull you aside and "frisk" you by hand and "wand" you with a metal detector. Be safe and place any questionable items in your baggage to be checked.



I'm totally lost!?

It was probably taken away because it was sharp or pointy (maybe an earing or something like that). You can take them on board if you want just make sure it isn't something that could be considered a weapon.. And you don't need to pack them in any specific way. If you are unsure about something just pack it in your checked luggage rather than your carry-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment