Saturday, May 5, 2012

Why are my custonm content objects in The Sims 2 so hazardous?

Okay, I downoaded this... custom content stuff for the Sims 2 (nightlife also). I also downloaded this content manager from the Sims 2 and it really helps because my game used to freeze up because of the downloads and now it obviously doesn't. There is this hazardous section in it so i disable evrythin from it, but everything that's in there is food and furniture. I end up only having different colors 4 stuff like the bedding. I can't have any new type of bed, counter, shelve, toliet, or anythin else! Im not auctually sure what i want in an answer, but i know i don't want to hear it is hopeless. I don't want to hear "look it up in the sims 2 website in game and tech support." And I don't want to hear download it from the offical website instead because 1) the downloads for clothin, hair, and accessories lik that load from any site i try, and 2) i... sorta... i sorta... lost the manual so I lost the code so I can't be an offical member and download. I know, ive tried. PLEAZ HELP!



Why are my custonm content objects in The Sims 2 so hazardous?

EA Games puts the warning in all thier programs that Custom Objects CAN be dangerous.



While its true that SOME objects/hacks/mods will conflict with each other and cause problems, most of the stuff you download will not hurt your game.



Foods and furniture, especially if downloaded it from credible sites like modthesims2.com, will not normally cause any problems.



I have over 15,000 downloads that are active in my game, and I have yet to experience any fatal problems.



If you read all of the instructions and information by the creator(s) of any downloads you use, and you should have no problems keeping them enabled.



Added: You can enable them and if you experience no "crashes" or wierd sim/object behaviors, then you should be good to go. Though,before enabling the content, you should check to see where they came from and double check the creators instructions. Furniture meshes usually do not cause a problem, unless new GUID's were not assigned. I've never had a problem with food files, either, but like a I said, always keep track of your download sources. This also helps us custom content creators keep track of any problems/bugs associated with our files.

No comments:

Post a Comment