Saturday, May 5, 2012

Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

I'm in high school and some nosey relatives are coming for a month and they are always criticising me so me and my brother thought we would give them something to think about. We are going to be goth that month, but we don't want the rock goth. We are leaning more towards the classy goth.



I've done some research on clothing etc. but I still am having some trouble. We don't want to go as far as the victorian look, but we still want it to be more classy.



Any tips for clothing, shoes, hair, and accessories?



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

Goth Chic can be very elegant, mysterious, and sexy. Wear fitting dark clothes in rich colors. Blacks and burgundies. For females, long skirts, knee-high suede boots, and dark shadowed eyelids OR a nice dark lipstick (remember to apply two coats so it's not runny). You do not want to wear both dark eyes and dark lips. It's definitely poser. Dye your hair a dark, rich color. Again, black, dark brown, dark auburn, dark violet. These are your color schemes. For the male, dark, slimming button down shirts and dark professional pants. NO JEANS. Avoid Hot Topic. They have a retarded emo style right now.



http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/sto...



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

I Love Your Way Of Thinking!!! Report It



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

watch hangmans curse or look it up in google images or on youtube for the trailer dress like that!!!!



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

If you are a girl, wear blood red lipstick with dark eyes.



If you are a guy, wear smuged black eyeliner.



For both genders, obviously dye your hair black.



Velvet is always appropriate.



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

WIERDO!!!! FREAK!!!! THAT $HIT IS WACK



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

fishnet sleeves,stud braclets chain necklaces,converse shoes, pink/black hair,black jeans,blue jeans,leggings,black eyeliner, black lipstick,



good luck!



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

You can where normal classy clothes in the black or a very dark shade of red. And as a rule of thumb, less is more. Don't over accessorize.



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

Ok well there's a clever idea.. LOL uhh I'd say trip pants light black eye liner ... maybe those bike gloves but do it where its not to much . The lightest touch of make - up can give you what you need , my best friends goth so I'd have to say that's what works and if you play it right you can give you realitives another look at critisizing ... good luck hope I helped



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

black hair definatly !



long coats . velvet, fishnet, lace, heavy make up .



white as a ghost skin .



clothing colours : dark purple, black, maroonie red...



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

oh, sorry for my other answer then, this is kinda funny, you shoulda explained it so in the other one, gomen(sorry in Jap)



um, go to Hot Topic. Wear black, like nicely but still goth, bautiful skirts that are like layered ish and a black dress shirt and make sure you got the good make-up for it. ^_^ erm, demonic signs and symbols are fun, lol. search gothic anime on Yahoo search for pics and some decen things come up, base it off some u like. ^_^



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

If you want to do the classy look, I'd reccommend wearing jewel tones in fine fabrics. You can either wear short skirts with nice stockings or very long skirts. Shun pastels. Both of you should find a nice long coat- one that you like so it's not just a waste of money. (It's getting cool, you need a new coat, anyway, right?) You could also hit up the second hand shops. This takes a while to do properly, but you can find some GREAT stuff, especially if you want it to be so out of fashion that it's cool now. Speaking of out of fashion- wear hats. Top hats or anything with a wide brim are perfect. You can decorate them yourself for a more personalised appearance.



You can both wear eyeliner and nailpolish. It doesn't need to be black- it can be any deep and unusual color.



Layer, layer, layer. You are picking the right season to do this. Nice shirts with jackets or vests are good. You could wear a blouse slightly unbuttoned with a lace cami or corset underneath. If you want simpler, just wear a nice black shirt with some silver jewelry. You should each own at least one pretensiously large religious symbol of your choice. (Ankhs, crosses, pentacles, or whatever else are all fine.)



If your folks will let you, dye your hair. Manic panic and special effects are both good temporary colors that will wash out after the month is done. Depending on what color you pick, you might have to retouch during the month. If they won't let you, there are color styling gels that will yield just as wild a look with less committment.



Here are some resources to help you on your way.



A good source for fashion advice, etiquette advice, and whatever else anyone thinks to ask:



http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/



Thise place has some pretty neat makeup and hair styling aids



http://www.amphigory.com/



So does this:



http://www.manicpanic.com/



Lots and lots of clothes.



http://www.darklinks.com/dshops2.html



I reccommend Ipso-Facto and Heavy Red.



Also, always remember that you don't have to shop only at goth stores. You can get goth friendly stuff anywhere. you just have to look. I'd just avoid the Halloween stores.



If you want to add to the look, be seen reading stuff like the Gormenghast novels, Poe, the Romatic poets, the beats, and maybe a Sandman comic or two.



Have fun. I salute your efforts.



Goth for a Month. I need help plz!?

Hot Topic

No comments:

Post a Comment