Saturday, May 5, 2012

How to coordinate an outfit?

Can anyone give me advice on how to nicely coordinate an outfit, hair and accessories included? This September is my first year of high school and my goal is to look put-together, something I had trouble with last year. Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated - guidelines, tips, anything! Please help! (note: jeans are not allowed at my school)



How to coordinate an outfit?

Pretty much everything goes with khakis!



I really like navy blue with khaki, so wear a white tank under a navy v neck shirt, add some white jewerly, like bracelets and necklace and some cute shoes!



How to coordinate an outfit?

just remember that to look cordinated doesnt always mean COLOR cordinated



when you buy accessories pick out ones that dont just go with one outfit.. pick ones you can wear with different shirts ect.



How to coordinate an outfit?

Um, it would help to know if you're a guy or a girl. But either way, plaid knee-length shorts for guys or capris if you're a girl are in these days, so wear those with a nice looking shirt that has the same color--i.e. if you wear blue black and white plaid shorts, wear a blue, black, or white shirt. That's the only unisex advice I can give......it would help to know your gender.



How to coordinate an outfit?

skirts look cute too..don't go over board though..if you're wearing something like blue..don't have a blue shirt,blue skirt,blue belt,and blue shoes...just try to mix and match..like if you have a belt with two colors in it, wear one as a shirt and the other like a tank-top or a sweater..also...don't match your eyeshadow with the color that your wearing..it looks tacky.



what was in last year at my skool was a tank-top over your shirt that you're wearing.but we have dress code. :[



pic of a sweater that i was talking about.



-http://www.aeropostale.com/product/index...



it looks so cute over any shirt.



hair bands look cute too..i like the one's with a scarf on the end



http://www.funkist.ca/images/products/he...



i'm pretty sure that polka-dots are still in..



How to coordinate an outfit?

I understand exactly how you feel! Although I get numerous compliments on my outfits, there are some days I just don't feel very put together. Here is what I do: look through catalogs of your favorite stores (one of mine is Anthropologie) or fashion magazines and circle what you like. Better yet, cut them out and make a little collage to hang near your closet. Perhaps you will see a pattern and see your style begin to emerge. You may even find similar things in your own closet that you can style like the models are styled. Sometimes there are very unexpected pairings of pieces, but it somehow seems to work. I also look at the color scheme in each piece from the clothing to accessories. If you know your basic color schemes, such as complimentary, analogous, and so on, you can pair pieces that compliment but don't necessarily match. Personally I don't like to be too matchy-matchy. If you don't know your color schemes, then pay attention in art class! Sorry, couldn't resist; I'm an art teacher! :)



I will also take a simple outfit, such as a solid, round neck tee and a solid long skirt in a neutral color and pair them with funky jewelry and shoes or a brightly, patterned scarf. Then, perhaps I'll wear my hair in braids or a French twist. I like to follow the lead of the Anthro models and throw something unexpected into the mix. Perhaps it's an heirloom piece of jewelry (or knock-off heirloom piece) or just something special I found somewhere that has some meaning; just a special touch of something you'll know when you see it.



Many times there are so many things I want in the catalog that could easily break my bank, so I'll make a mental note of the style of the blouse or dress I love and find something similar for less money.



When trying on clothes, one of the most important things to ask yourself is: do I love this? A sales lady in Anthro led me to this ephiphany. Since then I will not purchase anything I don't love no matter how little it may be on sale for! If you spend time shopping smart and filling up your closet with items you love and make you feel beautiful then you'll never not have anything to wear! Best wishes and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment